Dental Insurance – Virginia Beach, VA
Helping You Navigate Your Dental Insurance
Many patients become overwhelmed and frustrated at the thought of having to deal with dental insurance claims and all of the complicated jargon that comes with their plan. Our team at Goyal Dentistry is here to help you maximize your benefits and understand how your dental plan works. Read below to learn about some dental insurance basics. If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team and ask!
Understanding How Dental Insurance Works
It’s important to keep in mind that not all dental insurance plans are the same, which is why it’s a good idea to contact yours directly if you’re wondering about coverage or have any specific questions. However, to understand how your plan works, it’s a good idea to commit a few terms to memory:
- Deductible: The deductible is a set amount of money that your dental insurance company requires you to pay out of your own pocket before your benefits kick in.
- Maximum: The maximum is a capped-off amount of money that your dental insurance agrees to pay for your treatments over the course of a calendar year.
- Premium: The premium is the monthly or annual amount that you pay for coverage.
What Does My Dental Insurance Cover?
The average dental insurance plan uses a 100-80-50 structure to determine coverage for services. Basically, what this means is that they cover 100 percent of the cost of preventive care, like checkups and cleanings, 80 percent of basic treatments like cavity fillings, and 50 percent of the cost of more invasive procedures like tooth extractions. If you’d like to know whether your insurance will cover a specific treatment, be sure to call them directly.
Our In-Network Dental Insurance Providers
Dr. Goyal is in-network with most major dental insurance providers in the area, including the umbrella insurance, Zelis, that many local businesses insure their employees under. This means that we’ve negotiated discounted rates and fees with your insurance company to help you save money while getting the dental care you need. We’re also happy to file insurance claims for patients who aren’t in-network with us to make sure that you’re utilizing your coverage to the fullest.
We proudly accept the following dental insurance plans:
- ACS Benefit Services
- Aetna Health Management, LLC
- Allied National
- Always Care
- American Benefit Corporation
- American Trust Administrators Inc.
- Argus Dental Plan
- Benefit Assistance Corporation
- Benefit Plan Administrators
- Best Life and Health Co.
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
- Chesterfield Dental
- CIGNA Dental
- Citizens Security Life Ins. Co.
- Commercial Travelers
- ComTon, Inc.
- Corporate Benefit Services
- Covenant Administrators, Inc.
- Custom Design Benefits
- Delta Dental Premier
- Dental Network of America
- Dunn & Associates
- Employee Benefit Service Center
- Epic Dental*
- First Benefit Administrators
- GEHA Connection Dental Network
- GEHA Connection Dental Federal
- Group Administrators
- Integra Administrative Group
- Kansas City Life Insurance Company
- Key Benefit Administrators, Inc.
- Lincoln Financial Group
- MedBen/Medical Benefits Administrators
- Mutual of Omaha
- Nova Net
- PPOUSA/Connection Dental
- Principal Life Insurance Company
- Renaissance Dental
- United Healthcare Dental
- Wayne County Government
Don't see yours? Ask our friendly team!