Root Canal Therapy – Virginia Beach, VA
Curing Your Toothache & Saving Your Smile
Most people cringe when they hear the words “root canal.” Based on what you’ve seen in movies and TV, you might think this procedure is something to be feared. At Goyal Dentistry, we’re here to dispel that rumor! In truth, root canal therapy in Virginia Beach is designed to relieve tooth pain, not cause it. Thanks to modern dental technology, this treatment has become about as comfortable as getting a cavity filling. Plus, it can save a severely infected or damaged tooth from having to be extracted. If you’re looking for toothache relief, call us today to find out if root canal therapy from Dr. Kapish Goyal is just the thing you need!
Why Choose Goyal Dentistry for Root Canal Therapy?
- Emergency Dentist Always On-Call
- Relaxing Nitrous Oxide Sedation Available
- Insurance-Friendly Dental Practice
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
Just because you have minor tooth pain doesn’t necessarily mean you need a root canal. We reserve this treatment for teeth that are so damaged, infected, or decayed that a filling or dental crown isn’t enough to save them. Some of the most common signs that you might need root canal therapy are:
- Intense tooth pain that persists for more than 24 hours
- Toothache that doesn’t respond to over-the-counter pain medication
- Painful, lingering sensitivity to hot and cold items
- Sharp pain in a specific tooth when biting down
- Red, swollen, or tender gum tissue near a tooth
- Bump on the gums close to the tooth
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, please call us right away. Dr. Goyal is always on-call for emergency patients, and we’ll schedule you an appointment as soon as possible.
The Root Canal Process
Despite the myths surrounding root canal therapy, the procedure is nothing to fear. As an experienced dentist in Virginia Beach, Dr. Goyal will ensure you feel comfortable every step of the way.
First, he’ll numb your mouth with a local anesthetic so that you won’t feel a thing. If you need a bit of extra help relaxing, our team can provide nitrous oxide sedation to soothe your nerves. Once you’re ready, Dr. Goyal will create a small hole in the top of your tooth, through which he’ll remove all of the infected and damaged tissues in the center. Then, he’ll sanitize the inside of the tooth to eliminate any remaining bacteria. After filling the tooth back up with a biocompatible material, he’ll place a dental crown over the tooth to protect it from future damage.
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Root canal therapy can prevent your tooth from sustaining even more damage or infection, saving it from extraction. In fact, many teeth that have been treated with a root canal go on to last for the rest of a patient’s life! Here are some of the other benefits of root canal therapy:
- Saved money and time – By not needing to get your tooth removed and replaced, you’ll end up avoiding expensive, time-consuming procedures.
- Pain relief – A root canal clears the harmful particles out of the center of your tooth, removing the source of your pain.
- Comfortable procedure – With the highly advanced technology and techniques we use here at Goyal Dentistry, you should experience minimal discomfort during and after your root canal.